Running For Everyone
If I Can Run, You Can Too!
So who am I to say “If I can run, you can too!”
When I started running I was an overweight, middle aged woman who was not able to run to the end of the lane. I did not think I could ever run a 5k let alone a 10k or marathon. Now I have qualified for and run the Boston Marathon.
Is Cotton My Friend?
When I started running I did not know that cotton was not my best friend!
I did not know about stretching, warm ups and cool downs.
I did not know about hydrating.
I did not know it was okay to take walk breaks.
In fact I did not know much about anything to do with running.
I just wanted to feel better about myself. I fantasized about being one of those fit people who appeared to run effortlessly. (Okay, maybe I needed better fantasies.)
I Become a Runner
On this site I will share with you how I became a runner. I will tell you about my experiences and what I have learned (some if it the hard way!) so that you may gain some encouragement.
Hopefully you can avoid some of the hurdles and pitfalls that I encountered along my journey to a lifetime of running.
Virtual Running Partners
Together we may become virtual running partners and you too can enjoy the benefits of running.
- Running Blog
- The Running Blog keeps you up to date with all the changes and additions to the running-for-everyone.com website. Subscribe here.
- My Story. How I Became a Runner
- From a Clydesdale runner to a Boston Qualifier. This is my story.
- Beginning Runner - How To Start
- If I am a beginning runner, how do I start?
- Running Clothes
- What should I wear to run in? Won't the running clothes make me look fat?
- Technical Clothes For Running
- What are technical clothes for running and why should you wear them? What is wrong with cotton running clothes?
- Be Seen With Distinctive Race Running Apparel
- All runners look the same! How to get motivational benefits during a race by wearing distinctive race running apparel.
- How Long Is A Marathon
- Ever wonder, how long is a marathon anyway? Who came up with the distance and why does it have to be so long?
- Pool Running
- Pool running is a great form of cross training. It is ideal when you are recovering from a leg injury as it is a non weight bearing activity that will allow you to maintain your running fitness.
- Beginning Runner – Body Image
- As a beginning runner you may worry about body image. About what you will look like...out there...running!
- Race Day Tips About Race T-Shirts
- Beginning runners need to learn one of the most important race day tips about race T-shirts. You do not wear the race T-shirt before or during the race.